Sanford Holshouser Economic Development Consulting, LLC is a growing, innovative consulting firm providing services in Economic Development Planning, Site Selection, and Public Policy Formation.
Having provided consulting services in 45 states and 14 countries; each area of our expertise is built on a foundation of real world experience:
- Economic Development Planning — Our partners have led local, regional, and state level economic development organizations and are deeply experienced in developing strategic and action plans.
- Site Selection — Our partners have provided services to over 150 global corporate clients and been involved with over $4 billion in investments; $575 million in the last two years.
- Public Policy Formation — We have conducted state-level economic development policy analyses, as well as state-wide impact analyses.
Economic Development Planning
Through our Economic Development Planning Division, we have provided services in every aspect of economic development to small towns, rural counties, large cities, and urban regions. No job is too small, no client too big.
- Business, Corporate, and Industrial Park Development (single and multi-jurisdictional)
- Business Retention and Expansion (BRE) Program Development
- Competitive Position Analysis
- Executive Search / Bridge Management for EDO’s
- Funding Analysis
- Marketing Analysis and Development
- Organizational Structure Analysis
- Regional Collaborative Organization Development
- Return on Investment/Economic Impact Analysis
- Site Certification
- Strategic Action Planning
- Targeted Business and Industry Analysis
Sanford Holshouser’s Site Selection Division works with corporate clients to site new facilities and expansions, analyze workforce characteristics, negotiate incentives, and work through the many tasks involved in locating a new or expanded facility. We have also represented communities in the site selection process assisting with incentive negotiations and return on investment analysis. Our partners have site selection experience as consultants and as local, regional, and state level economic developers. Having both sets of experiences gives us a unique perspective in site selection.
- Comprehensive Site/Building Search
- Local Regulation and Procedure Analysis
- Location Analysis
- Incentive Negotiation, Capture, and Compliance
- Licensed Real Estate Brokerage Services
Public Policy Formation
The firm’s Public Policy Division has completed projects such as the NC Motorsports Study which quantified the economic impact of the industry on the State’s economy and formed state-level policy recommendations to retain and grow the industry. Sanford Holshouser partnered with UNC-Charlotte Urban Institute on the motorsports project.
Most recently, Sanford Holshouser, in conjunction with Cambridge Systematics, conducted an economic impact assessment of completing the bypass system on US 70 from Raleigh all the way to the Morehead City Ports. The US 70 Corridor Economic Assessment developed a cost-benefit analysis for two scenarios- completing the bypass system and not completing the highway improvements.
- Statewide Industry Impact Analysis
- Economic Development Public Policy Evaluation
- Economic Development Policy Formulation
- Legislation Economic Impact Analysis